Children and Youth with Mental Health Needs, Dual Diagnosis (IDD/MI), and other Developmental Challenges
CTA is committed to providing the highest quality and most comprehensive options for children and youth with mental health needs. Our services are carefully tailored to the needs of each child and the priorities of their family or guardian, with a complete commitment to helping create fulfilling lives in family settings.
CTA provides evidence-based and evidence-informed services to children and youth with a wide range of mental health and developmental needs, including but not limited to the following:
- Mood Disorder
- Cognitive Disorder
- Borderline Intellectual Functioning
- Dual Diagnosis (Intellectual or Developmental Disability and Mental Health Needs or Behavior Disorders)
In particular, we specialize in services to children who have multiple challenges, such as mental health or behavioral challenges in combination with learning problems, developmental delay or other cognitive challenges.
We provide a wide range of services to children and youth who are living at home, as well as those who are in custody or who are otherwise in out-of-home care. We have been innovative in creating comprehensive wrap-around programs that have enabled many kids to remain home with their families who normally would have had to be placed out of home. When out-of-home placement is unavoidable, CTA is unmatched in delivering the highest-quality individualized support.
Services are available to children and youth funded through various sources, including the the Division of Child and Family Services, Medicaid, Optum Salt Lake County, the Division of Services for People with Disabilities, and Utah's System of Care.
Services Provided to Children and Youth with Mental Health and Other Developmental Needs:
- Outpatient Treatment (individual, family and group therapy, psychiatry/med management, psychological and neuropsychological evaluation, etc.)
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment (IOP)
- In-Home Services and Wrap-Around Services
- After-School and Summer Programs
- Family Support and Respite
- Professional Parent Services
- Individualized Residential Treatment Services
- Behavior Consultation and Positive Behavior Supports